Sunday, May 08, 2005

The one after the BIG weekend...

Phew! My wife Jo-Anne and I just had a big weekend. I'm now lying back relaxed watching my beloved English Football Team Liverpool (Champions League finalists, no less) getting walked all over by Arsenal. Its not yet half time and its Arsenal 2 - Liverpool 0. Sigh....

Anyway, Saturday, we had our son Ethan's birthday party (one day early). Some forty people showed up and I guess it was kinda fun. Think the kids enjoyed the party packs and the cake whilst the adults enjoyed the chit chat. The babies, all thought it was one big bother.

Today, was Mother's Day - and a hearty though belated wish to all Mum's out there in cyberland... and of course, today is Ethan's birthday. We got him a kids' swing. Think he likes it...

We went for Mum's Day lunch with Jo, Ethan, my mum and Jo's parents. Was a good meal and we took the opportunity to take Ethan for his first tiny "dip" in the pool. Just let him dangle his feet in the water but the little fella enjoyed himself there. Also took him walking on the beach where he experienced sand between his toes for the very first time.

Later, we decided to chalk up another first by taking Ethan to the Botanical Gardens. Its been ages since Jo or myself ventured there and we were pleasantly surprised with the number of people out keeping themselves healthy. Our single round around the Gardens was tiring enough (especially when you are carrying a 10 kilo "weight" - who was busy making audible noises throughout).

We got home and after the usual routine, put Ethan to bed. Throughout the day, Jo and I have exchanged looks at each other. No words need be said - we are both simply happy with what blessings we have received especially for Ethan. He has changed our lives and we will always treasure that. Thinking back to exactly one year ago, I remember just getting home from the hospital, some 4 hours after witnessing the miracle of birth. Jo, of course was resting in hospital while I couldn't stay as we didn't get a single bedded room yet. As I got ready for bed, my mind raced as thoughts, ideas, worries, hesitations, happiness and uncertainty all jumbled up in my head. The 'rojak' of emotions didn't allow sleep to come easy. But as the pressures of assisting through a 14-hour labour earlier (NOTHING compared to what Jo had gone through, I'm certain!) began to take its toll and as I was drifting off to dreamland; I recall one prevailing thought - I am now a Dad!

Well, I'm still a Dad... its been a fulfilling and estatic year. I will cherish this first year and look forward to many many more...

Happy Mum's Day to you, Jo... you keep me going when I thought I couldn't anymore; and Happy Birthday Ethan... you are my reward.


Jo & Ethan... loves of my life! Posted by Hello

No comments:

 

Limitations & Latitudes © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness